Things that are awesome:
- When the filename includes the camp, lab, name of file, and side (where applicable)
- All of that information on the header/title page as well
- When the file works in Open Office. It seems like some templates work great and some look terrible, not sure why.
- Standard fonts
- That the entire set of evidence fits on a CD this year because people used .doc instead of .pdf. Both formats have ups and downs, but file size is a huge factor for a collection like this
- When cards are underlined
Things that are not awesome:
- Aff and Neg stuff in the same file
- 130 page aff and 10 page case neg. Come on.
- Maybe this is in response to the problem above, but DDI seems to have every lab do their own case neg to every other lab's affs. Seems like a huge waste of effort to me
- Case neg files without any, you know, case neg in them
- There are a few camps (not naming names) that seem to have no quality control whatsoever. If you are going to do play like that, I mean, why even bother having a debate camp?
- Bonus: I cannot stand it when people use a macro or whatever to make the text Bold, Underlined, and Bigger font. Seems incredibly arrogant, like nobody is ever going to want to change your precious underlining on this card.